[mythtv-users] Hardware for HD Playback

Chris Tepe cstepe at ctdataservices.com
Thu Aug 23 15:51:30 UTC 2007

With the change from Zap2it to SD probably requiring an upgrade I'm
thinking of upgrading my hardware as well to support HD recording and
play back.  I'm looking for some recommendations  as to MB, CPU, Memory
and Video Card.  I will eventually have 1 master backend/frontend and 2+
frontends.  I've looked at the hardware databases on the web but none
really address the HD issue clearly.  My current systems are a couple of
atholon 2300+ w/ nVidia gforce cards  and a HD Home run .  my playback
was very choppy.