[mythtv-users] schedulesdirect: "proxy" fix as alternative to new MythTV build?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 23 09:12:29 UTC 2007

Peter Watkins wrote:
> Apologies if this has been mentioned already; I haven't followed all
> the SD/TMS/DD threads lately.
> Looking at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/3842/3842-head-v1.patch
> I wonder about a fix external to MythTV. What about this approach for
> allowing "old" MythTV apps to use ScheduleDirect?
Sorry, as part of the upgrade the format of the data changes and is
incompatible with the old programs. You will have no choice other than
upgrade your system. This is a deliberate attempt to keep the
"commercial sellers of myth" from rebundling the service as part of a
commercial product which was DD's big issue.