[mythtv-users] Linux MCE

Paul Huber paul2004x at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 02:52:42 UTC 2007

>> neither is a cut and dry installation/setup from the point of a novice
>> Learning curve is WAY to high (along with the stability issues)

(LinuxMCE dev)...  Can I ask what problems you had with the installation,
and if you have any suggestions for how to make it better?  People complain
about limited hardware compatibility.  There's not much we can do about
that; if you want open gl, alpha blending, bling, etc., so far only nVidia's
proprietary drivers work...  But you mentioned you had compatible hardware
so it *should* have gone pretty smoothly.  Do you have suggestions about
what Mr. House / KnoppMyth and the others you like do that make them more
pnp or user friendly than LinuxMCE, so I can try to incorporate them?  Also,
can I ask what wasn't stable?  I haven't seen many bug reports in our mantis
on this stuff (mostly new feature requests) and for the next release I'm
trying to focus on bug fixes/usability and not worry about new features, so
any input is appreciated.