[mythtv-users] IVTV driver has stopped responding

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Wed Aug 22 16:16:05 UTC 2007

> Anything in messages in /var/log?  I saw this a lot when I had the
> infamous DMA timeout issue(s) with the ivtv driver.  Once I got to a
> version of ivtv that did not have that problem, as well as move my mysql
> database back to the backend, all of my ivtv issues seem to have
> disappeared...
>

> Brian

Brian,

What distro are you using and what version of ivtv did you need to get to
to resolve your issues?  I am almost to the conclusion that 0.7.4 is a
waste of time.  It would appear that the associated kernel 2.6.17 has some
major issues with ivtv that are difficult to overcome.  I'll have to have
a look at my /var/log file later to see if I'm experiencing what you were.

Scott