[mythtv-users] Nice sounds on clicks, startup, etc.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 22 14:05:07 UTC 2007

On 08/22/2007 12:08 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> When I tried this, irexec took over my sound card for a split second
> and wouldn't let go so when I hit Select to start a program, I get
> the button press sound but no audio from the program. Seems that
> using the keypress application works just fine, but limited to one
> button sound.

Seems someone isn't using the software mixer, but is using a sound card
that doesn't provide hardware mixing (i.e. most any sound card that's
not a Creative SB Live! or better)...

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound#Setting_up_ALSA.27s_.asoundrc.2C_Properly

using device "mixed-analog" or "mixed-digital" (or configuring the
default as described in the comments).

Mike