[mythtv-users] MYTH DVD sound is messed up

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Aug 22 04:42:22 UTC 2007

Hello. I'm a newbie at myth and have had my setup going for a few months
now.

I don't do a lot of DVD watching, but the other day, I decided to pop in a
DVD (first time in myth). The video seemed to play just fine, but the audio
sounded like a cd that just keeps stuttering the same split second sound
over and over. My dvd settings are set to "internal".

I'm using ubuntu feisty and Totem plays the same dvd just fine. I just want
to use myth's internal player. I tried checking and unchecking all the
digital sound boxes in the setup. Also, i'm using an optical cable for the
sound.

Any ideas?

---Thanks
-Steve