[mythtv-users] Is there a tuner limit? (problem with >8 tuners)

Asher freedenizen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 18:14:36 UTC 2007

On 8/21/07, Chris Wilkie - NetrinoUK <chris at netrino.co.uk> wrote:
> Brian
>
> I am indeed using the onboard SmartArray with 32MB onboard RAM.  It has
> a pair of U320 36GB disks in RAID5 I believe (I'll double check this if
> this makes any difference to your answer).  I don't need much storage,
> as the media will simply get dumped there for 10-15 mins after the show
> has ended whilst ffmpeg does it's thing.  The source media will then get
> deleted.

Hmm if it is a pair of drives it isn't RAID5, RAID5 needs at least 3
drives, it is either 0 or 1.  So you are recording, writing sql, and
deleting a lot of content at once, all possibly on 1 PCI bus and 2
spindles.  I could definitely see that causing problems, your NFS
choice would alleviate some of the problems for sure, only testing
will tell if it does it enough.  Just having SQL and the recordings on
separate drives will help a great deal.