[mythtv-users] EIT data

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:45:37 UTC 2007

>From: "Philip Baltar"
>
>With the recent turmoil,I decided to give EIT a shot.  I seem to have
>figured out how to tell mythtv to use it, but it isn't working right.
>After
>leaving it overnight, it was only able to find data for two channels.
>After
>the inital data it found, it didn't find anything else.  I'm sure that the
>data is being broadcast in my area because I have a TV that can give me
>info
>on the current program.  I would assume that mythtv should be able to at
>least see that.
>
>I'd appreciate any help.

Are you sure that, in addition to enabling EIT for the video source, you've
enabled it on the individual channels?  That's about all I can think of.  If
you have you should see activity in the backend log when it scans for EIT
data.

I'm in New Jersey and am using OTA digital stations out of New York.  What
I've seen of EIT wasn't very good.  The thing that really tore it for me was
that the data doesn't even seem to have episode titles (that is the
'subtitle' used in the database)...just a title and description.

Tom