[mythtv-users] Nice sounds on clicks, startup, etc.

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Tue Aug 21 05:42:49 UTC 2007

On Monday 20 August 2007, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Assuming you have two stanzas--one with "prog = irexec" and one with
> "prog = mythtv"--both irexec and MythTV will respond to the LIRC
> message.  Messages are always sent to /all/ listening programs and the
> programs choose whether to ignore them.
>
> The only reason that Myth doesn't respond to LIRC keypresses when you
> pop up an external media player from MythVideo (i.e. xine or MPlayer) is
> because Myth begins actively ignoring LIRC button presses as soon as it
> starts the external player and continues to do so until the external
> player exits.
>
> Mike

Thanks, that is good information. I set it up that way, and it works for me.

The irexec method works great.

What would be even better would be Myth calling the button press script with
two arguments. First context (music, video, recordings ...) second the actual
button.

This way I could have buttons play different sounds depending on...

I am not too motivated to look into it. The current solution works too well.

Damn 80/20 rule ;-)

Cheers,
Remco
--