[mythtv-users] so where can I buy a Cablecard Set Top Box

Mark A. Hoover mahoover at ispaceonline.org
Tue Aug 21 02:05:49 UTC 2007

> From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm at gmail.com>
>
>> I don't think they lose any money when you quit your service, since
>> they can just re-issue the box to someone else.  And believe me, if
>> you don't bring that box back they'll bill you an impressive sum for it.
>
> I was not sure how they recycled them as I got a brand new unit.

I thought I had a brand new unit too as it came all plastic wrapped and in
what appears to be a cardboard shipping wrapper.  My original box failed
and I eventually had to swap it out.  Got another one packaged the same
way, but obviously had been handled somewhat roughly in the past.  That
one didn't last too long either.