[mythtv-users] Can I filter channel line ups and password protect them or tag media this way?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Aug 21 01:11:51 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 19:26 -0400, chris phillips wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been running Myth for the past year and half and would like to
> adjust the channel line up to be filtered, and I don't know if this
> can be done or not.
>
> Ultimately, I probably would want to either classify or assign
> privilege levels (hmmm maybe content owners? Parents, Child #1 etc) so
> that the end user could just limit their view to their content.
>
> Thoughts and comments welcome..

There was a summer of code project for this last year. There is
a tracking ticket for it #2532. However I had a few things in my
life get in the way of spending a lot of time integrating this
into the trunk. The branch isn't completely dead however, I plan
to address the remaining issues and merge this eventually.

-- Daniel