[mythtv-users] sudo nice --5 xine Permissions?

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 20 19:07:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm experimenting with DVD players that have dvdnav.  Currently xine is
the front runner but I still get the occasional dropped frame even after
increasing its buffer size.

So I want to try increasing its run time priority.  I have a script,
dvd.sh, that  kicks off xine in the DVD Player field of Myth.  The OS is
punting because of the "sudo nice --5."  How do I tell the OS that
anyone can run dvd.sh and they don't need to be root to do this.

Thanks,
Jon