[mythtv-users] vga to scart poor picture quality

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 17:09:15 UTC 2007

On 06/08/07, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/3/07, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Gimme gimme!!!! Any chance you can release the code?
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > Are you (or can you) use the mythtv-vid branch?
> >
> > I've worked up a new opengl deinterlacer to do the same today. I need
> > to confirm it's working OK but using an lcdtv on an interlaced
> > modeline, it shows the same problem as before i.e. it drops out of
> > sync after pauses etc.
>
> Well, now that I've actually fixed the stupid mistake, this works
> perfectly for both sd (576i) and hidef (1080i) material.
>
> Patch attached against the mythtv-vid branch that I'll be sending to
> danielk next.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

Mark,

Sorry for the delay (been on me hols), I'm not on mythtv-vid but I'll
give it a go...
may take some time....

BTW, I think that theoretically there are some circumstances where bob
deint would be the best way to go.... for instance when you get a 16:9
signal (i.e. most DVB-T it seems) and display it correctly on a
4:3.... because of the scaling you can't line up the fields correctly,
so theoretically the display may output lines out of field sequence.
Bob, by being dumb avoids this problem by only showing one field at a
time. (of course there are other problems then...)

How does your soln cope with a scaled picture like this?

Cheers

Steve