[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Re: Commercial Flagging Bad on Firewire]

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:52:47 UTC 2007

(oops...sent original from the wrong address)

Andrew Burgess wrote:
>> On the hdhr - comm flagging is perfect on hd material, hit or miss on
>> digital non-hd materail
>> On the pvr150 which is being fed by a Directv box (using svideo),  it's
>> very hit or miss...and also depends on the channel.  TNT from the pvr150
>> is  terrible, but, TNT from the 500 (which is cable) is pretty good.
> Have you both changed the setup option to be more agressive in
> detecting commercials? (I forget what its called)
I've used both aggressive and less aggressive, as well as the various
methods, and all methods in combination.

It does really seem to be related to the video source - Law and Order
from cable is pretty good, Law and Order from Directv (s-video) is hit
or miss.