[mythtv-users] Using seperate modes for GUI and playback results in repeated image

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 01:02:28 UTC 2007

If i try to use separate modes for the GUI and different modes for
different video source resolution results in a repeated image.
Basically everything is shown twice on the screen, left to right. The
problem persists even if myth is stopped. I have to restart X to
correct it. Im using mythtv-0.20.1-161.fc6 on fc6 with the nvidia
100.14.09 drivers. I can use these modes with xvidtune. I've had to

Option "ModeValidation" "AllowInterlacedModes , NoVertRefreshCheck,

in xorg.conf because the video card (M2NPV-VN built in Nvidia 6150) can't read
the EDID info from the plasma display. I don't know if that is
relevent or not. I just tell it to use several modelines, which seem
to work fine by themselves.

Any idea of what may be going on, or any suggestions?