[mythtv-users] NVidia card lacking Xv overlay

Mark Buechler mark.buechler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 01:09:22 UTC 2007

I just upgraded to a new system forcing me to a new video card, which is a
7600. Now, it seems all newer NVidia cards lack the old Xv overlay, sadly.
What is being used now is using their 3D engine, similar to the OpenGL
display option in the -vid branch. This allows for much improved scaling and
sharpness, however, no matter what I do I still see interlacing in all
movement and it looks extremely ugly. I'm using a 1080i display. I've tried
several different deinterlacers all resulting in the same ugly display.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Also, the new Xv is much darker and I don't
know of anyway of brightening it without also brightening the normal
display.

- Mark.