[mythtv-users] so where can I buy a Cablecard Set Top Box?

Victor Perez spectro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 22:08:22 UTC 2007

I just had this thought: what if you just don't get the certification? What
is stopping open source hardware makers from coming up with a cablecard
compliant device is the difficulty of obtaining the certification so:

- Request the specs, they will give you a fight, on every roadblock complain
to the FCC.
- Build the device and don't get it certified, just request a cablecard from
the cable company. If they refuse, file complaints with the FCC. They may
say "it's not certified" so what? It should work anyways, shouldn't it?

It may take a little bit of a fight but I think is doable. Now, any hardware
makers up to the task?