[mythtv-users] Ir Blaster?

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:27:10 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, jphughes at optonline.net <jphughes at optonline.net> wrote:
> Mitchell
>
> I have the blaster that comes with the 150 card and plugs into the back of
> the card.  Currently using the Hauppauge remote. I also have an MCE receiver
> and blaster and remove from another system that I no longer use an MCE2005
> software. What I am trying to achieve is to get the Hauppauge blaster
> working . The remote works fine. Thanks

I use this same configuration.  This is the card that has the IR
receiver and the IR blaster connected directly to the PVR-150 card
with a single mini-plug, right?

The only way I was able to get the blaster to work was to use the
patched version of lirc that you referred to.  The one I'm using is
posted on this site:

http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24

It compiled perfectly for me out of the box. The tarball I used was this one:
http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/lirc-0.8.2-CVS-pvr150.tar.bz2

If you follow all of the steps on the blog, it should be no problem.
The copy of lirc is pre-patched and ready to go.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com