[mythtv-users] Recording/playing back same file via NFS

Craig Courtney craig at dawnsedge.com
Fri Aug 17 03:33:47 UTC 2007

On 8/15/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

>   On Aug 15, 2007, at 7:21 AM, Craig Courtney wrote:
>
>  I'm having the exact same problem.  Everything works great as long as I'm
> not watching a show while it's recording.  Live TV stutters as well as any
> thing listed in green in the library (signifying it's still recording that
> show).  I can record 3 shows at once and watch a previously recorded one
> with out problems.
>
> Where able to find the magic numbers here?
>

> Not yet. I cut my dirty_*_centisecs in half and I see it being a little
> better, but still not great. I'm a little afraid to play with the numbers
> too much since I don't know what side-effects they would have. I'm sure they
> were set to these for a reason. :)
>

> I fixed mine today.  I had recently switched to CentOS 5 for the server
and was running the video4linux packages from atrpms to get my dvb HD tuner
cards working.  This had a conflict with the IVTV packages causing the ivtv
drivers to flake out with this lag and slightly off speed recording (high
pitched voices).  Once I installed the correct video4linux-ivtv-kmdl and
removed the old ivtv-kmdl packages all is good.  No stutter what so ever and
the audio is on pitch again!