[mythtv-users] Can't get usb iMon VFD working on Silverstone LC16M case

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:21:50 UTC 2007

On 11/08/07, Bob <maillists.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 11 August 2007 12:20, Nick Morrott wrote:

> > You should see output on the VFD whenever the power is
> > connected.
> Hmmm, I've never seen a single photon come out of it.  Do you get some output
> on yours even if it's not connected via the USB?

No, I mislead you. When I shut down my server this afternoon for some
cleaning and to replace the DVD drive, I noticed on powering up the
system that the VFD did not display _any_ ouput until the driver was
loaded and LCDd was up and running. At that point, the default message
was displayed until mythfrontend loaded and took over control of the

I would make sure LCDd is starting up properly, in addition to the
usual cable checks.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: