[mythtv-users] Can't get usb iMon VFD working on Silverstone LC16M case

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:21:50 UTC 2007

On 11/08/07, Bob <maillists.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 11 August 2007 12:20, Nick Morrott wrote:

> > You should see output on the VFD whenever the power is
> > connected.
>
> Hmmm, I've never seen a single photon come out of it.  Do you get some output
> on yours even if it's not connected via the USB?

No, I mislead you. When I shut down my server this afternoon for some
cleaning and to replace the DVD drive, I noticed on powering up the
system that the VFD did not display _any_ ouput until the driver was
loaded and LCDd was up and running. At that point, the default message
was displayed until mythfrontend loaded and took over control of the
VFD.

I would make sure LCDd is starting up properly, in addition to the
usual cable checks.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: