[mythtv-users] new card

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 01:24:41 UTC 2007

On 16/08/07, Micheal Drew <blackprince26 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Nick appreciate the info but this is my sticking point about the
> card on the
> site:http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Saa713x_devices
> it list the saa713x chipset that is on the card but does not list the cards
> of cards that work. Does that mean it will work?

The card you refer to uses the SAA713XH chipset per amazon.com. The
webpage on the linuxtv.org site is for saa713[0-9] based cards. The
'x' in saa713x is not part of the chip's model number, it represents a
digit between 0 and 9 - as this family of chips use the same drivers
(I know of 7131,7133,7134 and 7135 chips).

Being a pessimist when it comes to Linux hardware support, I still
doubt it will work :). It's best to ask on the V4L mailing list
(https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/video4linux-list) as that's
the best place for a definitive answer. You may be able to get it
working with some tweaking of module options, but I'd just get a
known-working card if you can and avoid the hassle.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/