[mythtv-users] Compile Backend Only

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 00:48:27 UTC 2007

On 16/08/07, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:
> Now I have my frontend/backend machine working, I want to install just a
> backend on the machine I am currently typing on so I can take advantage
> of another DVB card I have. As my master machine is from SVN, I have to
> use an SVN backend on this machine. I have looked at the ./compile help
> screen and can not see any flags to tell the make system to create a
> backend only.

IIRC there's a risk of breaking things when part-compiling which
is/was mentioned in the configure script. Any reason you don't want to
compile mythfrontend? A backend-only machine is just one this is not
currently running mythfrontend - even if it is installed. If you want
to reclaim the couple of MB mythfrontend occupies you can just delete
the binary. You still need mythtv-setup installed.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/