[mythtv-users] Building a new MythTV box for the living room

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 00:09:25 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:

> Be _very_ careful if buying a Nova-T 500 card. Current stock is not
> the now-supported Nova-T 500 (only 1 RF-input) but rather the
> never-to-be-supported Nova-TD 500 card (has 2 RF-inputs). The picture
> on the box is still the Nova-T 500. I've already sent one back to
> Amazon in the UK because of the switch. Boxes are marked with a
> "Diversity" sticker and apparently only work on Intel-based systems.
>
> After all the recent excitement over finally getting the Nova-T 500
> stable on Linux, Hauppauge go and swap the cards for an incompatible
> version. No signs yet whether the old supported card will return. I
> would steer clear for now, unless you are 100% sure you are getting a
> real Nova-T 500 card.

I received the Nova-TD 500 from Scan when I'd ordered the Nova-T 500
as displayed on the website.  I explained that it was no use to me and
that it wasn't what I ordered.  They claim that they'll have the correct
card in stock in the next week, so I've sent it back and we'll see what
happens.  I notice they're still claiming it's in stock on their
website, but that doesn't surprise me any more.

James