[mythtv-users] Faster motions in recordings are flickering on the TV

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:04:18 UTC 2007

> Have you tried turning deinterlacing on?  Any of the different
> deinterlace algorithms?

It was on, with linear blend. I read on
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Deinterlacing that Nvidia Svideo
out does not need deinterlacing and I turned it off, but there were no
improvements.

> Personally, I find the "Bob (2x framerate)" setting provides the most
> lifelike playback on standard definition TV.  I get playback
> indistinguishable from my settop box using this, and no custom filters.

but this helped ... picture is absolutely great with XvMC and Bob (2x
framerate) ... picture is at least so good as on the TV without
MythTv, but I think that is even better.

Thanks a lot.

M.