[mythtv-users] SD Subscription Agreement Question

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 23:26:13 UTC 2007

Just reading through the subscription agreement.  I'm still amazed at
how much work you guys have been able to accomplish in such a short
period of time.  Again, thank you.

http://www.schedulesdirect.org/sagreement

Quick question:
In section 2, "Restrictions on Use":
"Without limiting the generality of Section 1, You shall not, without
Company's prior written consent, which consent may be granted or
denied in Company's sole discretion"..."(vi) make or archive copies of
Licensed Data"

What about mysql backups of the mythconverg database as part of a myth
backup and/or archive strategy?

Also, in Section 10, "Ownership and Proprietary Rights":
"For any materials that You transmit to Company, You grant Company a
worldwide, non-exclusive, assignable, royalty-free, sub-licensable
(through multiple tiers), perpetual, irrevocable right and license to
use, copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, edit, modify, translate,
and reformat such materials, in any media now known or hereafter
developed, without compensation to You. You represent and warrant that
You have all rights necessary to grant the foregoing licenses"

I'm assuming that doesn't mean licensing of personally identifiable
information (name, address, e-mail address), etc.  I guess I can't
really tell since the privacy policy isn't up yet, but I just thought
I'd ask.  And would that section over-ride the terms in the privacy
policy?  Which takes precedence?

... if only I read _all_ the terms of agreements ;-)

Thanks!
Matt