[mythtv-users] ATI TVout hack - thanks

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Aug 13 18:10:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 04:41:17PM +0200, Grzegorz Krug??y wrote:
> Jay R. Ashworth pisze:
> > Luckily, someone came up with a hack to get around it, and luckily for
> > *me*, that hack worked in my case.  It's here:
> >
> > 	http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI_Proprietary_Driver
> >
> What exact model of an ATI card do You have? What CPU usage do You see
> while playing back the tv recordings? Is it like 70% or 5%? Which
> version of fglrx driver did You install? :)

It's a Radeon 9600 based Sapphire.  If I turn off XV, then yes, my
loadaverage goes way up.  But the picture is the right size.

> I'm wrestling with my Radeon 9600, if I don't get too tall display, the
> acceleration doesn't work :/

The issue isn't 'acceleration' per se, it's XV.

The hack on the wiki page I mentioned may fix your problem.  My user
report, with all the details, is the last one.

Cheers,
-- jra