[mythtv-users] SVN, MythMusic, Ubuntu & dependencies

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 16:59:06 UTC 2007

FWIW, I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.04 and then built MythTV from
scratch (r13818...long story).  I ran into several issues like this.  In
fact, I'd say the issues with configure was pretty mild compared to some of
the issues I ran into later on during compile. :-)

However, almost everything was pretty straightforward to work through doing
either a Google search or "apt-cache search".  For MythMusic (which I was
particularly interested in) I had to grab a couple of visualization
libraries to get Goom working.  I seem to recall a couple of "dev" libraries
had to be grabbed as well although I think those were for the frontend.
Most annoying is the qt stuff which I think even required me to manually
create some symbolic links and/or add something to /etc/ld.so.conf.d.

Although it was a bit annoying to have to sort through all this stuff it all
worked out.  Nothing too hard.

--
Mike