[mythtv-users] ATI TVout hack - thanks

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Aug 13 14:26:49 UTC 2007

I rebuilt my sister's Mythbox this last weekend, and had to upgrade the
video card -- SuSE 10.2's xorg required a new ATI driver, and the
newer ATI drivers drop support for <=9250 Radeons.

Well, everything was working fine, except that overlay playback was 2x
too tall, stretching the bottom half of the picture off the screen.

Turns out that's a known bug in the newer ATI driver, which I gather
ATI knows and does not care about.

Luckily, someone came up with a hack to get around it, and luckily for
*me*, that hack worked in my case.  It's here:

	http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI_Proprietary_Driver

down towards the bottom.

So thanks to laga on IRC for pointing me in the proper direction to
figure it out, and also to Michel on the wiki (if I've read the history
properly) for coming up with the hack in the first place.

Cheers,
-- jr 'Buy nVidia!' a