[mythtv-users] Which nVidia video card would You recommend forMythTV

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 13 00:05:27 UTC 2007

On 12/08/07, Mark Kirby <mark.kirby at exemail.com.au> wrote:

> Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> > I did a search for Myth-Vid which you referenced below...I can't find
> > anything.
> >
> > Can you offer info/link on what the feature is?
> >

> http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mythtv-vid

I have an 'el cheapo' nVidia 7600GT, which was around £65 (read $130). It
seems to handle SD fine (this is with mythtv-vid and all *currently*
available opengl renderers). I think I read it handles HD as well, but I
can't promise anything until I've tested it myself. Anyway, it didn't eat my
wallet out, but I wouldn't go much lower on specs if you want smooth video.

James