[mythtv-users] ANSWER: Can only connect to mysql as localhost

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 23:09:50 UTC 2007

On 12/08/07, Lan Barnes <lan at falleagle.net> wrote:
> On Sun, August 12, 2007 2:55 pm, Nick Morrott wrote:
> > Finally, in one of my posts from last week I posted my current mysql
> > user table which included wildcard addresses for both network name and
> > IP, so I am surprised that is still not working for you. I do run a
> > local DNS on my home network, but apart from making it simple to add
> > new machines to the network and add machine aliases, this should not
> > stop things from working. Which version of mysqld are you running?
> >
> Just the way it worked. I've seen so many syntaxes by now: "%", "_",
> x.x.x.0/, use the quotes, don't use the quotes ... if they
> all worked, I wouldn't have had to post. But they all apparently worked
> for someone somewhere sometime.

You probably want to bookmark the 'correct' way for future reference -
in my experience you use the % wildcard, and use quotes. If in doubt,
always refer to the manual for your particular DBMS. Of course, it
always works if you do it correctly!

Also, be aware that MySQL user accounts are not the same as your
system's user accounts.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: