[mythtv-users] Niggly startup problem after rebuild (Ubuntu Feisty)

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sun Aug 12 15:38:55 UTC 2007

Now I have my rebuild to a certain point I have this annoying issue. I
have mythbackend running from an init script but right after booting
mythfrontend says it cannot connect. I check ps -A and there is
mythbackend, happy as larry. To get the frontend to actually find the
backend I have to restart the backend. After that everything is fine
until the next reboot.

Can anyone such a reason why this is happening or a possible fix to the
problem?

Cheers
Bruce