[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct advertising model

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Sat Aug 11 22:21:07 UTC 2007

On Saturday 11 August 2007 15:33, Paul Huber wrote:
> I just got contacted by a company that saw the new LinuxMCE demo video and
> asked if if I'd be willing to put ads on that page-flipping 3d EPG guide in
> LinuxMCE that floats on top of myth.

Others have addressed other aspects of the proposed deal (such as SD's
probable unwillingness to go along with it). I'll just put in my $0.02 as a
user: *NO WAY!* IMHO, our society is already oversaturated in advertising;
when I'm not numbed by it, I'm sickened by it. I'd rather pay for my guide
data outright than have yet more ads crammed down my optic nerve. Of course,
I'm sure others would disagree, and it's conceivable that such a scheme would
be viable from a business perspective. I wouldn't sign up for it, though,
except possibly if it were the only way to get MythTV guide data, which
doesn't seem likely to happen.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com