[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver for Harmony remote

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 05:00:39 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Willy Boyd <willyboyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup... the PVR-150 has quite a few more buttons than the PVR-250 in
> the Harmony database.  That I did not know (the 250 is the remote I
> own) -- thanks for the tip!
>
> - Willy

Just in case anyone gets misinformed by reading my posts inside this
thread... I just tried testing using the PVR-150 config with my 250
receiver, and it won't even recognized those IR codes for the 150
model.  So I'm back to where I started thinking I was -- get a real,
universal receiver first, then find a good remote emulation for the
Harmony.  The 150 is probably a good start but once I'm free to use
basically anything, I'm thinking an IR keyboard will be even better to
emulate (as far as number of buttons go).