[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct news posted to slashdot

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:00:49 UTC 2007

On 10/08/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 10:09:57PM -0700, Billy Macdonald wrote:
> > The news of schedules direct has been posted to slashdot.
> >
> > http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/10/0049249
>
> Ok, let's go watch then make all the arguments we've already dismissed.

For those not wanting to read the /. discussion:

) $5/mo - are you kidding? That's way too much for listings - CHECK
) $5/mo - no way. That's what a Tivo costs - CHECK
) I only want free listings - CHECK
) In the UK/Australia, we have free listings - CHECK (and thanks RT/Shepherd)
) MythTV is too hard to install anyway - CHECK
) I install part-compiled applications and wonder why I have problems - CHECK
) I am unable to use Google/pre-compiled packages to make life easier - CHECK
) But I don't want to have to upgrade MythTV to work with SD - CHECK

) In Soviet Russia, TV listings pay for you - PENDING
) OMG Ponies - PENDING
) Imagine a Beowulf cluster of... - PENDING
) ??? - PENDING
) Profit - PENDING and unlikely

--
Nick