[mythtv-users] Can't get usb iMon VFD working on Silverstone LC16M case

Bob maillists.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 04:12:44 UTC 2007

Hi.

I'm trying to get the VFD working on a LC16M case.  The VFD needs to be
connected via a standard USB plug, it also comes with an adapter so it can be
plugged into the onboard USB headers.

I think that the hardware might be broken.  As I understand it plugging in
_any_ USB device will give you some output in the system log and be shown if
you do a lsusb.

If I remove a working device, eg my mouse, I get a 'device disconnected'
message in the logs but when I plug the VFD in I get absolutely no output in
the log.  If I reconnect the mouse I get a 'device connected' log message.

Does this mean the hardware is broken?  Or is it possible that it's just not
being recognised.

Thanks
Bob