[mythtv-users] TMS <-> SD deal makes LifeHacker.com

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 01:29:32 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:

> $15/3 months according to http://www.schedulesdirect.org/
>
> So...US$60/yr for access to listings.  Assuming my myth system lasts me 5
> years, I will have spent $300 on TV listings. (Half the price of the PC).

Twice the price of my mythTV box, but if you read further, like, one
sentence further, you'll find their goal is $20 a year.  So, if they
reach that goal, I'll have spent the price of my mythTV box on
listings alone in five years.

Big.  Deal.  It's worth it to me to have accurate, reliable listings,
and the flexibility of MythTV, even at $5 a month for listings.

> At that price I suspect a lot of people will be figuring out scraping and
> using schedulesdirect as an interim measure....

Depends on how much your time is worth, I suppose.  Some people will
spend hours every month making sure a scraper works.  My time is worth
much more than that.

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 at gmail.com