[mythtv-users] How wakeup detects manual/auto poweron

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 01:15:06 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
> The problem I'm having is the script which puts the PC to sleep sets the
> next wakeup time based on the next scheduled recording, OR the next
> mythfilldatabase, whichever comes first.  If the system wakes up to
> mythfilldatabase, then the PC stays on indefinitely...

Please don't top post, especially to a thread which is already using
bottom posting...

What script are you using to put your PC to sleep?

I am using MythWelcome on my system to shut down my system when it's
idle. I have also written a custom script to check if when woken up,
we have passed the last scheduled mythfilldatabase run, and if so,
manually run mythfilldatabase. Unfortunately, it seems that mythtv
doesn't run mythfilldatabase at all if you sleep past the next
scheduled run time.

This works out well since I don't want to bother waking the system if
it's off just to run mythfilldatabase, running it once it wakes up
works well enough.

I can post the script that does this if there is interest...

-Dave