[mythtv-users] A hope regarding the new SchedulesDirect methodology

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 9 19:04:06 UTC 2007

On 08/09/2007 02:51 PM, David Shay wrote:
> On 8/9/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> the patch in #3299 will allow filtering of one "larger" lineup by
>> mfdb (technically allows keeping channels in the lineup even if they're
>> not associated with the current video source).

>> Since so many people are worried about this, perhaps one of them who
>> needs this functionality will write the caching logic (technically, they
>> just have to ensure that we cache the downloaded data longer than we
>> currently do)...
> I'm one of those who needs this....  I will take a look at this
> tonight,

Great.  And, as the author of the DD support in Myth, you're probably an
excellent candidate.  Of course, you'll have to get to know some of
Daniel's lineup-management changes, but they're pretty straightforward.

>  although I'll have to tear myself away from my other patch.
> Of course, that might do my sanity some good.

Yeah.  I've seen you working some late nights on that.

> Has the base patch (3299) been tested and proved working, so that the
> only real open issue to worry about is caching?

The submitter seemed to be using it and it /looks/ right to me.  :)
It's really a pretty simple patch that just verifies that a channel
found in the lineup exists in /any/ video source (rather than just the
current video source) before it removes the channel from the DD lineup.

(I'm wondering how many of those DD's should have been Z2L's, but I
think you get my drift.)

Mike