[mythtv-users] A hope regarding the new SchedulesDirect methodology

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 9 17:06:46 UTC 2007

On 08/09/2007 12:55 PM, Tom Greer wrote:
> On 8/9/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/283097#283097
> I saw that link already; but in reading it, I thought the message was that
> this patch was being rejected - and that Robert's method was "preferred".
>
> Did I read this wrong?  Is the patch going to be implemented?
>
> Advise.

I'm not one of the devs, so I can't reject the patch.  ;)  If you look
at the ticket, it's still open.

My suggestion (in the "See ... for more" post to which the above post
links) was that applying the patch be deferred until mfdb is changed to
cache its downloads as appropriate.  4 months ago when the patch was
first posted to Trac, several people expressed interest and motivation
to modify mfdb, but it seems they have lost interest in the interim
(possibly because they felt it was easier to just apply the existing
patch and ignore the consequences).

Mike