[mythtv-users] Could we revisit adding a third discussion list?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Aug 9 16:51:17 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 12:31 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Precisely.  That Brian views the problem the way he does tells me he
> doesn't know how to kill a thread in his mailreader.

Sure I do.  It's just cumbersome to have to set up kill filters for
every OT thread on this list (and there are lots!) and then you get this
never-ending growing list of old kill-filters that every incoming
message has to pass through.

> Brian: you typicall kill an entire thread when you get sick of reading
> it, and then you don't see any of it anymore.

Yeah, and with the number of OT threads on this list I end up with
hundreds of useless filters that every message is passing through.

> What mailreader do you use (be specific), and I'll find out how you do it.

Evolution.  I know just fine how to set up filters with it.  It's just a
pain to have go through the process when more threads on the list are OT
than are actually on topic.

Brian J. Murrell