[mythtv-users] upgraded to fedora 7, now firewire is broken

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:23:30 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:

> Fedora 7 has a brand new firewire stack the old modules are not built by
> default. I had to manually compile them which was sort of a pain. Here's
> a thread that may be helpful.
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=157524

This is kind of what I gathered from digging around last night, but
someone out there must be using atrpms, firewire, fedora 7 and not
compiling things.  I would rather not have to roll up my sleeves and
compile modules myself, but will attempt if no one else is able to get
firewire without doing so.

> There is an ezplanet repo that supplies fedora kernels with the old
> firewire modules built, however, you can't really use that kernel and
> ATrpms nvidia, ivtv, lirc, etc kmdl packages.

saw that also, but didnt see how i could get my other kernel modules,
so did not try to use this.