[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver for Harmony remote (Jay Mallar)

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:47:11 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Calin Brabandt <cbrabandt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If anyone has any specific remotes they'd like me to
> test with the MCE receiver, I'll check the Harmony
> database for my 676 and see if I can load it and test
> it.

Hey Calin,

I hope you are still open to requests.  I bought an MS MCE receiver
today, it is model 1040, which must be a newer 2nd generation (or
perhaps 3rd gen) model.

I have it setup on my Ubuntu laptop and I can use the MS remote fine
to control mythTV, however, I would like to use my currently
configured Harmony remote, which is setup to emulate an MS Xbox
Remote.  (Long story, but I often view mythTV on the Xbox FE, but
would like to have the option to use my laptop as a FE too).

The Xbox remote is not recognised at all though.  The receiver lights
up as though it is getting a signal from the remote but irrecord
doesn't show up anything :(  I am also using the lircd.conf from my
Xbox but irw doesn't show anything either :(

Could you test your Harmony with the MS MCE receiver using the
(original) Xbox codes?

Cheers,
Whytey