[mythtv-users] A hope regarding the new SchedulesDirect methodology

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:35:06 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org> wrote:
> In my myth setup, I have to use 2 Z2L accounts in order to get my
> listings.  I'd just like to remind the powers-that-be that there may be
> many people out there in the same scenario, and hope that we wouldn't
> have to sign up twice to SchedulesDirect to get the equivalent
> functionality.  I always found that to be a peculiar aspect of
> labs.zap2it.com in that one could only choose one listing of each type
> from a given account, so I couldn't have say...

I have three accounts setup on Z2L as well.  It may be because I
couldn't figure out how to do it with one account when I tried the
first time.  They are for cable analog (pvr250), cable qam
(hdhomerun), and atsc (hdhomerun).

If there are technical limitations as Robert mentioned, maybe there is
a way to not have to pay for that second account if needed.
Unfortunately I'm sure that may lead to people sharing accounts or
something to get around the billing for a couple of friends or a
system integrator.  I'd gather that there could be security measures
to help prevent abuse of such a feature.

Just an option.  I'd like to throw in my thanks for all the work at
schedules direct.  I'm a little anxious at the pricing structure, a
little upset that TMS is getting my to pay for this data 4 or 5 times
over, a little excited that a permanent solution is close, a little
afraid that schedulesdirect will have the same problems as z2l.

Thanks guys