[mythtv-users] Which distro for new system?

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 23:45:44 UTC 2007

> In my case, I used the debian-multimedia repository and got everything up and
> running in about three hours, including the Debian install. But, as someone else
> mentioned, I went with the distribution I knew.

i love that repository, but if you are running multiple machines on
debian you could run
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/apt-proxy on one and do that
install in under an hour as long as you know what you are doing.  if
you make you own isoimage you could probably even do it faster, just a
copy.

but yeah, been using debian unstable for a long time so i say go for
that!  it is a fun distro. and if you break it just go ask the
#arstechnica irc guys, they love to help!