brian turbo at talstar.com
Wed Aug 8 23:14:28 UTC 2007

Robert Current wrote:
> On 8/7/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>> Sure, I've had
>> downtimes and frustrations, but my family has come accustomed to not
>> watching commercials and having TONS of video content at their
>> fingertips so we can never go back.
>
> I wish I could say the same for my family.  Uhm, no sarcasm intended,
> but can you explain a bit about the "TONS of video content at their
> fingertips" that isn't on TiVo?

   I don't (and won't) speak for Brad... but, I'll speak for myself.

   My MythTV combined frontend/backend has 1.5TB of storage, and I can add more any time.

   Where did you buy your 1.5TB Tivo?  Is it expandable?  Can it write to network file stores?

   Okay, then.  I guess that should address your direct question fairly directly.