[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Mark Oliver mark_oliver at java2000.com
Wed Aug 8 19:35:04 UTC 2007

Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Chris Petersen wrote:
>

>> Why PayPal?  Have you ever tried to charge credit cards online using
>> other services?  Most of them require that the business exist for 2+
>>

> Could you accept regular checks by mail, or even money orders if you want to
> avoid the risk of bounced checks ? That would at least give an alternative,
> and I'm sure some of us wouldn't mind paying the $0.85 for a money order to
> save you the CCard processing fees.

This does not address the main issue of repetitive manual input, and the
only difference between a bank account check and a money order (in terms
of bouncing) is that it is slightly more difficult to bounce a money
order (at least intentionally).  However, both options can be bounced,
and, yes, I am speaking from personal experience.  I used to work for a
Bankruptcy Trustee, who only accepted mo/cc.  There were instances of
bouncing, and those tended to be mistakes by either the purchaser
(reporting wrong lost mo/cc) or the issuing entity (incorrect input on
cashed or lost mo/cc).  Even though a bounced mo/cc is rare, it causes a
huge headache.

mark