Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Aug 8 19:21:07 UTC 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Robert Current wrote:

> On 8/8/07, Robin Smith <1canuck2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am somewhat incredulous at the number of ungrateful people bitching
>> about the various details of this tumultuous change to MythTV.
>> Would I
>> like listings for free? Sure. Would I prefer DD were not going away?
>> Sure.
>
> Not me, I'd rather pay for good data, if that's what it takes.
>
> It just gets to me when someone asks a legitimate question, and that's
> viewed as a complaint.  It seems some people would rather write essays
> without answers on why some people should be allowed to have stuff and
> others shouldn't...
>
> Back on topic though, if schedulesdirect.org can pull it off, in the
> end it's a for fee service.  And when your going to charge a fee, you
> can expect people to have questions about the quality, reliability,
> and integrity of the product.  That's all I'm asking...

Which is exactly why you should wait until they announce the terms of
use, quality, reliability, integrity and fee schedule before assuming
it's all bad stuff. :) You are not going to get your questions
answered until they are able to answer them. They have made it clear
that they are not ready to divulge the details of the service, yet. I
see all this speculation and complaining about the service and no one
even knows what the service will cost or exactly what they will
provide. Yikes! I admire their courage for starting out on this
business venture. I would never want to provide any such service if
this is the response I would get.