[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Wed Aug 8 17:38:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:19:18 -0400 (EDT)
"Christopher X. Candreva" <chris at westnet.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Chris Petersen wrote:
>
> > Why PayPal?  Have you ever tried to charge credit cards online using
> > other services?  Most of them require that the business exist for 2+
>
> Could you accept regular checks by mail, or even money orders if you
> want to avoid the risk of bounced checks ? That would at least give
> an alternative, and I'm sure some of us wouldn't mind paying the
> $0.85 for a money order to save you the CCard processing fees.

I think it would be too time consuming to accept checks for monthly subscriptions, but it they had a yearly option I don't see that being too much trouble.  In fact I had already volunteered to handle the accounting (when this organization was first created).  Mayhaps my mail got snagged in a SPAM trap. Perhaps the 'powers that be' will consider this, but as things stand (according to the website) PayPal is it.

As far as I'm concerned schedule listing are advertising, and paying for advertising is abhorrent to me.  Same reason that I don't have any license plate frames or stickers on any vehicles advertising where I bought them (unlike most people out here). And that's all I'll say further on the subject.