[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Aug 8 17:35:37 UTC 2007

Braindead wrote:
> My wife takes checks and money orders too, why not accept those?

For one, your wife is making a profit.  I'd have to quit my job and take
up full-time check-endorsing in order to cover the workload that would
result from taking checks.  We'll release the actual Labs usage numbers
numbers when we can, but we're not talking about 2-3 transactions per
day, even if only 1/10 of the Labs users deside to use Schedules Direct.

There's a *huge* reason why a large company like TMS didn't even want to
deal with taking payment directly from users.  It's a huge headache.

Please remember:

 * None of us are getting paid for this (in fact, it's been costing us
   money)
 * We all have full time "real" jobs, and some of us have even had to
   use up vacation time for this endeavor.
 * We were given a VERY tight deadline to get things up and running, so
   what you see is NOT (note "is" not "might") the final product.

-Chris