jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Aug 8 15:51:54 UTC 2007

>> Well, that's your choice, I suppose.  Personally I don't worry too
>> much about giving *any* company a CC number, because if there's a
>> dispute the CC company will almost always go to bat for me.  If you

Are you sure about that?

Are you REALLY sure about that?

Has this presumption been tested in practice?

If not, don't assume anything.

>> don't trust them, you might not want to give them your checking
>> account number, though.  (This is actually a much bigger problem than

This is why I refuse to "confirm" my PayPal account. There's no way
that PayPal is getting any of my back account numbers. They will just
have to go through AMEX.

[deletia]